Keith Short was born in Chicago in 1965. In 1980 his parents
moved to Anna, Illinois where he attended high school. In 1989
he graduated from SIUC with degrees in Political Science and
English. He then attended Southern Illinois University School
of Law, where he graduated in 1992.
Mr. Short worked full time employment throughout college and
law school: auto repair, cannery, legal clerkship. In 1991 he
began a clerkship for the Hon. John Dibble of the Illinois
Workers' Compensation Commission. Prior to graduation
Mr. Short was offered an associate attorney position with
Keefe and De Pauli, P.C. in Fairview Heights where his
practice concentrated in the defense of Illinois and
Missouri workers' compensation claims.
In 2000 Mr. Short was hired by Hopkins Goldenberg as an
associate attorney representing injured workers. In 2002
Mr. Short was offered a full partnership in a firm later
renamed Goldenberg, Heller, Antognoli, Rowland and
Short, where his practice included toxic exposure litigation,
medical malpractice and workers' compensation claims.
Mr. Short has litigated product liability/brain damage cases;
medical malpractice lawsuits, wrongful death claims and
automobile accident cases. He has handled numerous cases
in the Illinois Appellate Courts. Mr. Short also actively
participated in the federal welding Multi-District Litigation
set in Cleveland, Ohio. Mr. Short is a frequent lecturer having given seminars in Washington D.C., Las Vegas, Chicago, San Diego, St. Louis, and New Orleans.
He resides in Edwardsville, Illinois and is a single father of 5 kids (Scott, Brad, Sam, Stephanie, and Zachary) and 1 dog (Ellie).
On May 3, 2011 Keith Short was sworn in as a member of the Edwardsville City Council, having been elected to represent the city's 5th Ward. He has been assigned by Mayor Gary Niebur to the Public Safety Commission and the Public Services Committee.
- Recipient of the Greater Madison County Federation of Labor's "Friend of Labor" award 2011
- Elected to Board of Managers for the Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Elected Alderman Ward 5 in April 2011
- Has lived in Edwardsville's 5th Ward for 5 years Received his BA from Southern Illinois University Carbondale in 1989 Received his Juris Doctorate from Southern Illinois University Carbondale in 1992
- Licensed to practice law in Illinois 1992
- Licensed to practice law in Missouri 1993
- Licensed to practice in Federal Courts:
- Eastern District of Missouri
- Southern District of Illinois
- Central District of Illinois
- Clerked for Honorable John Dibble of the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission
- Instructor: Southwestern Illinois College, 1994-1997
- Partner Goldenberg Heller, Antognoli Rowland and Short, 2002-2009
- Managing partner Short and Smith, P.C. attorneys at law, Wood River
- Legal speaker having given presentations in Washington DC, Chicago, St. Louis, San Diego and Las Vegas
- Attends Metro Community Church, Member of the Wildey Development Committee, Member of Edwardsville Moose Lodge 1561
U.S. District Court Southern District of Illinois
U.S. District Court Central District of Illinois
Eastern District of Missouri
Southern Illinois University School of Law, Carbondale, Illinois
J.D. - 1992
Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL
B.A. - 1989
Major: Political Science
Areas We Serve
Attorneys serving Southern and Central IL and the St Louis / Metropolitan area. Cities may include (but are not limited to) Wood River, Alton, Granite City, Edwardsville, Bethalto, Collinsville, Belleville, Jerseyville, Mount Vernon, Madison County, St. Clair County, Jersey County, Macoupin County, Jefferson County and Jackson County, Illinois.